In addition to the technical history, you can read a little bit more general history about ExhibitPlus in the projects section.
Apr 14, 2017
- If the E+ date format was different from the jAlbum date format, a corrupt date was shown in the index page footer (since 1.7).
Sep 1, 2016
- On a multi-page index that contained more than 1 page of folders, the navigation bar was missing or damaged (since 1.6).
- On a multi-page index, the totals on the navigation bar were wrong and there were sometimes extra blank index pages (since 1.5 or earlier).
- If the parent index contained multiple pages, the "index page" and "up one level" buttons sometimes returned to the wrong index page (since 1.5 or earlier).
May 24, 2016
- On a multi-page index, the navigation bar was damaged (since 1.7).
May 24, 2016
- Album generation failed because utils.class was missing.
May 3, 2016
- The header and footer did not always show (since jAlbum 7.2.1). The globalHeader and globalFooter settings now work correctly.
- On the zoomed pages, the wrong colours were shown (since 1.4 or earlier), because the style's css file was not used. In particular, the background colour was always black.
- When returning from a slide to the index, the slide show now stops instead of pausing.
- In the image's meta data, line breaks are prevented in the middle of an item.
- The meta data sometimes contained missing values (e.g. DATE: : : : :).
- All dates conform to the date format in the settings (this affects the album update date and the EXIF camera date).
- An invalid date format in the settings caused IllegalArgumentException.
- In the mini-thumb bar, the current image is not clickable.
- The mini-thumb tooltips show the title instead of the label.
- Removed some instances of "</ja:if>" from the .html files (since 1.6). This just seems to be cosmetic.
- Some HTML code was not 4.01 compliant.
- Index pages show the credit message that is generated by jAlbum. The "Exclude credit links" setting is supported.
March 9, 2016
- Calculation of "35mm equivalent focal length" was unreliable. This has been replaced by the jAlbum variable "focalLength35mm".
- If the guestbook was selected, error "Element ja:include has no matching ending tag" when the album was made.
- Filters were applied to each image twice (since jAlbum 7.3).
- Folder thumbnails had the wrong aspect ratio. Folder icons were cropped. Folder thumbnails could not be enlarged. Excessive padding around folder thumbnails. The positioning of the "new" icon was inconsistent. In some styles, the "new" icon was too small.
- In the light-blue style, the jAlbum folder icon was sometimes used instead of the style's folder icon.
- If an index contained multiple pages and sub-folders, the total image count on the last page was wrong and there was sometimes an extra blank page.
- When entering text in a comment widget, the slideshow could start or navigation could be triggered.
- Titles in titles.properties or filename.txt were ignored (since jAlbum 12.3).
- The title in the jAlbum folder settings or image settings is used.
- The breadcrumb path contained an extra breadcrumb "Top index page" (since jAlbum 10).
- The breadcrumbs contain custom folder titles, instead of folder names. The breadcrumb for the current page is not clickable.
- javax.script.ScriptException if "Slideshow delay" was set to null.
- java.awt.HeadlessException when running in console mode.
- In the settings, the link to the guestbook documentation was wrong.
- In the settings, URLs in the settings "About" panel were wrong.
- The slide page layout defaults to "landscape".
- Folder icons are converted from folder.gif to folder.png, for compatibility with jAlbum's automatic handling of folder icons.
- When returning to a parent index that contains multiple pages, the first page is shown instead of the last page.
- The documentation link in the settings refers to the new location at exhibitplus.jalbum.net.
- A new setting allows subfolder comments to be shown or hidden.
- Context-sensitive help.
December 3, 2015
- All pages had major style errors (since jAlbum 12.3).
- A folder thumbnail was sometimes missing (since jAlbum 12.3).
January 5, 2012
- Error "java.lang.NullPointerException in utils.getFolderIcons" since jAlbum 10.2.
- E+ no longer generates folder thumbnails. Instead, these are managed by jAlbum.
November 4, 2011
- Since jAlbum 10, a wrong error message warned that the jAlbum version was incompatible with E+.
October 20, 2007
Bug fixes and some minor features added, more style sheets and button sets, etc.
April 01, 2005
- New languages added: Portuegese, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Czech
- Single folder mode is now automatic. This means that albums containing no sub folders are now formatted in a much more intelligent manner
- Multilevel index links at the top of pages will not display the name of the root directory. Instead more intelligent logic is used - improving appearance.
- It is now possible to select the same header and footer for the entire album, or individual headers and footers in certain sub-folders
- The size of folder icons on the index page can now be scaled up or down via the UI.
- More EXIF and IPTC fields can now be included
- EXIF and IPTC fields can be selectively displayed via the UI
- "Debug" EXIF data can now be output on slide pages if desired
- 35mm focal length correction can be done more accurately by entering camera model data into cameras.properties
- Spacing around thumbnails on the index page can be altered via the UI
- It is possible to now have all slide layout elements in portrait mode, landscape mode, or automatically selected
- An additional UI control allows the display of filename and image number to be suppressed on the slide page
- Promotional web buttons can now be added to the output of all pages generated in the album
- Multi level navigation links are now available on slide pages as well
- Multi level navigation links can be selected or deselected on either index or slide pages via the UI
- Alternative image names can be specified. This means you can have a different image title displayed, without altering the filename
- A guestbook can be added to each slide page, to allow users to write comments on the images
- Completely tableless layout. There are now no tables used anywhere in the skin
- If scripting is disabled in the user's browser a small warning icon will be displayed which explains that some features may not work
- The UI will disable keyboard shortcuts if the guestbook is selected
- All significant chunks of beanshell code were moved to methods in index.bsh and slide.bsh. This allows for an increase in speed and future optimisations.
- Some methods have been compiled into java byte code - significant speed increase
- Overall speed increase of over 100% from v1.3a to v1.4
- AVI files now partially supported - with caveats
- Date issues fixed - problems relating to the use of different formats and the calculation of folder dates are resolved
- Strange hanging text on index pages caused by IE bug is now resolved (work around in place)
- Issues pertaining to the use of force image dimensions and using thumbnails for folder icons have now been resolved
- "New" icon over folders now displays in the same position in both IE and Mozilla
- Fixed memory leak which hindered the generation of large albums. Very little memory is consumed now
May 01, 2004
- Added multi-lingual interface. Included languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Serbian, Swedish
- Many internal sections of the skin completely re-written
- Now fully "XHTML 1.0 Strict" compliant (previously HTML 4.01 Strict)
- Cross browser compatibility vastly improved. Now consistant results across a wide variety of browsers and platforms
- Added a "single folder mode" to remove navigation elements when an album contains only a single folder
- Thumbnails as folder icons now display in their correct aspect ratio, automatically centered and contain hyperlinks to the folders themselves
- Added option to place comments above slides, rather than below
- Added option for continuous slideshow mode. Slideshow will repeat in a loop rather than stopping at the end
- Slideshow delay can now be configured
- "Date added" for folders on index page can now be removed
- Removed glow effect (IE only) from slide pages
- The size of "minithumbs" on the slide pages can now be configured
- Added more fields for the display of EXIF data, now almost all IPTC fields are also displayed (if present)
- Preview images available on a style by style basis now from the JAlbum user interface (Preview button)
- If "force" option is used for the up button on an index page, and a filename of the same name isn't present in the parent, ../ is used instead - a little friendlier
- It is now possible to have folders on an index page listing in multiple columns. This is independant of columns and rows for thumbnail images on the same page.
- You can now overrride the default icon set for a given style via the UI
- New button sets donated by Metodi Davidovic
- All filenames within the skin are now completely lowercase. Might help avoid some issues with Unix/Linux systems
- Many other minor changes and bug fixes. See the changelog.txt file inside the skin directory for full details
December 14, 2003
- Added a small border to the current image in the series of "mini-thumbs" on the slide page
- Keyboard shortcuts added, a help icon appears to inform the user about which keys perform shortcut actions
- Alternative folder names can now be entered via meta.properties
- Comments for images can now be entered via comments.properties (JAlbum 4.0 and above feature), or via individual text files with the same name as the image file
- Intergration with shutterfly.com's print service. Users may now order printed copies of images to be posted to them
- A new tab called "ExhibitPlus" will appear in the JAlbum user interface. Options for the skin can now be set there, making it much easier to use. The variable names may still be changed as before on the "Advanced" tab
- Slide images can be watermarked via watermark text that can directly entered on this new configuration tab
- Four new styles added - black, light, blue and green. Thanks to my brother Robert for helping out with buttons
- Style sheets have now been split into two. One main style sheet governs layout, and one much smaller stylesheet allows colours to be changed quickly. This makes the task of producing alternative stylesheets much simpler!
- All internal HTML tags have been converted to lower case. This should make eventual conversion to XHTML much easier
- The option to place an additional message after the thumbnails prompting the user to go to the next index page has been removed. Instead a much nicer button appears below the frame on the right hand side if multiple index pages exist
- The old countfiles routine was replaced with engine.countfiles. This should eliminate the occassional bug where files were counted three times for the totals
- All user variables are now correctly typed (boolean, float, etc.), prompting a rewrite of many of the conditional statements (thanks David). Execution is now marginally faster
- Display of EXIF data can now be supressed, or appear as a pop-up box over the image
- When viewing slide images, the image number and total number of images within the folder are displayed to make it a little easier for users to know how many slide images they still have to look at
- Added an option for a new "Polaroid" mode. The frame around a slide image extends the lower section to look like a "Polariod" picture
- A variable is now available to influence the size of the frame which surrounds each slide image
- Made some internal changes to the way files are copied to the res folder. This allows a style sheet to potentially contain the name of a button set to be used with a given file, and just the required buttons are copied over when the skin is executed.
- Various sizes and styles of buttons are now available under the "button-sets" folder. With some style sheet editing, some mix-and-match of styles and buttons is now possible
November 3, 2003
- JAlbum 4.0 had a new "Generator" META tag which caused HTML4.01 compliance to fail. A work around has been put in place to resolve this. Pages now validate correctly
- Some minor changes were made to now correctly display thumbnails by using the inline formatting context with default settings (no fixed table mode, no thumbnail descriptions, no thumbnail filenames displayed on index page). This improves the "flow" when different sized thumbnails occur.
October 31, 2003
Initial public version:
- Complete rollup of all previous features and options
- Complete rewrite of most skin internals and all HTML code
- Conversion from previously unreleased version of skin
- Removal of site-specific hard-coded features and transition to fully generic skin
- Removed earlier transition effect. Nice IE feature but not CSS compliant. Also incompatible with glow effect - also not CSS compliant :-)
- Changes too numerous to mention
- Initial version originally based on Exhibit skin published by David Ekholm. Original author unknown.
- "borrowing" of a few features from other skins
- Development of a dark colour scheme, including rework of all graphic files for this purpose
- This version never published - too heavily customised for fyvie.net